About Stanbic Uganda
Stanbic Bank Uganda (SBU) is Uganda’s leading financial institution, licensed by Bank of Uganda. The bank is a majority owned subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited, which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited. In February 2002, Standard Bank acquired 90% shareholding in the Uganda Commercial Bank, a government-owned retail banking operation, which had the largest branch distribution network in the country. The new owners merged their new acquisition with their existing SBU to form Uganda's largest commercial bank by assets and branch network. In 2007, the government of Uganda divested its ownership in Stanbic Bank (Uganda) by listing its shares on the Uganda Securities Exchange. Standard Bank also floated 10% of its shareholding at the same time, reducing their ownership to 80%.
Stanbic Home Loans
Stanbic Bank recognises that different have require tailored and specific housing needs. The Bank also upholds its value of serving all customers. As a result, the Bank developed four different home loan products to cater for the diverse needs of its clientele.
What does it offer?
No Application Fees
- Affordable – Interest Rates [UGX - 19%, USD - 13.5%)
- Flexibility in early repayments- Allowed up to 3 times monthly to accelerate principle payments
- Flexible USD financing with duration of up to 20 years
- Flexible minimum age of 21 Years & maximum age of 65 years
- Mortgage protection cover (Life insurance) with flexible payments (Monthly)-Insurance covers loan in case of death & permanent disability
- Home owners protection cover-property insured against fire, earth quakes etc with flexible monthly premiums
- Strong brand with a history of over 150 years
- Fully dedicated Home loans team with the best skills in the market at your service.
- Free debt service and rehabilitation available.
- Strategic external partners such as lawyers, Quantity surveyors, valuers with a great wealth of experience and value
- Finance up to 80% for refinance, purchase & completion
- Equity release will be up to 70% of the market valu
- Monthly payments do not exceed 50% of your net earnings
- Finance up to Ugx 2,500,000,000 or USD equivalent.
What are our products?
Ordinary purchase: Buying a home is a major decision for anyone. It is also one of the largest investments most of us are likely to make in our lives.
Equity release (Cash outs): A customer who owns a complete titled property and would like to get cash release from their property to invest in other legal activities qualifies for this product.
Refinance: In the event that a customer wishes to transfer their home loan to Stanbic in order to enjoy our competitive interest rates and flexible offering, this product would be the best option for them
Completion: As a bank, Stanbic acknowledges that there are customers who have started building their houses but need extra financing to finish the construction, such customers are availed the completion loan.
• Employed customers
• Self-employed customers
• Professional Ugandans living in the diaspora
Crested Towers, Plot 17 Hannington Road, Kampala Company website: www.stanbicbank.co.ug